With people travelling away on holiday, here is an article to help prevent any inconveniences so that you can enjoy a great holiday without worrying about anything else.
According to Ayurveda an upset stomach or digestive system during travel can be considered as a Vata (air) and Pitta (fire) imbalance. One may suffer from abdominal cramps, bloating, flatulence or constipation which is considered as a Vata change. Alternatively one may suffer from diarrhoea, indigestion, loose stools, acidity which is considered as a Pitta imbalance.
Please follow this for approximately 2-3 weeks before travel:
- The most important thing to remember is to strengthen the immune system. The best Ayurvedic remedy to strengthen this is Chyawanprash. It is an Ayurvedic Jam with Indian Gooseberries and is known as the best immune system strengthener. This can be taken mixed in warm water and consumed two times a day.
- Aloe vera either in juice or gel form is also a good prophylactic remedy before travel. Best to be taken at least for 4 weeks in advance.
- Neem a tropical herbal plant is known for its anti bacterial, anti fungal, antiviral and blood cleansing properties. If you don’t suffer from constipation, this is the recommended herb before travel.
- If you tend to suffer from constipation then pure root turmeric in powdered form is the best. This can be taken one or two times a day.
During the travel.
- Remember to carry some fennel seeds with you. They are the best to help calm down an upset stomach. Simply soak them in warm water and drink sip on the water as often as possible.
- If you are suffering form a bad bout of diarrhoea, then the best remedy is diluted butter milk. To make this take one quarter of yoghurt and three quarters of warm water and blend them together. You can add cumin powder if needed. Drink this two three times a day.
- If suffering from severe abdominal cramps, then drink cumin water. To make this soak one tea spoonful of cumin seeds in water and sip on this during the day.
- There is nothing better than simple pure water. Drinking plenty of water will help to relieve any inconvenient symptom of travel.
- Remember to carry Triphala capsules for the travel. Take 2-3 capsules every evening with warm water. They are the best remedy during travel to help prevent any illness.
- Also Chyawanprash is very good during travel. It has been named as the best anti oxidant ever to be researched. Through this property, it helps to protect and strengthen the digestive system.
- Likewise carrying turmeric capsules will also help in case of any infections, diarrhoea, loose stools, upset stomach.
- Tulsi either in capsules or tea bag form will also help to relieve any fevers and infections.