According to Ayurveda, greying of hair is a Vata and Pitta imbalance. The dryness and excess heat in the body result in grey hair.
- Regular intake of ghee with Triphala will help to prevent greying of hair.
- Avoid excess of spicy and sour foods as they increase the heat in the body.
- Avoid combinations of fruit and dairy in foods.
- Regular intake of wheat grass juice has shown positive results
- Include sesame seeds in foods everyday
Brahmi Amla oil is known for its nourishing qualities. Regular use of this oil for scalp massage will help to prevent greying of hair. It is best to wash off the oil after approximately 45 minutes of hair and scalp massage.
Likewise foot massages with Ghee (clarified butter) will also help to reduce the heat in the body and prevent greying of hair.
Massage the scalp with ghee (clarified butter) regularly
Paste made from Triphala with warm sesame seed oil should be applied locally to the scalp. Leave it for 20 minutes before washing off with warm water. This is a traditional recipe mentioned in Ayurveda.
Likewise local application of paste made from yoghurt, lemon and black pepper powder has also shown god results.
A classical ayurvedic remedy is application of onion paste to the affected areas. Leave it on for 45 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water
Lemon juice mixed with Amla (Indian gooseberry) powder to make a paste can be applied locally to the scalp.
Regular application of rose water to the face and eyes will help to remove excess heat from the body which works towards stopping greying of hair.
Application of paste made from ground neem leaves will help to slowly turn grey hair to black again
Use shampoos and conditioners including neem herb. This will also help to prevent greying of hair.
- Moon salutation work really well towards prevention of greying of hair
- Left Nostril breathing (Chandra bheda) can be done regularly for 15 minutes
- 10 rounds of Alternate Nostril breathing can be carried pout regularly
Carrying our purgation once every 2-3 months will help to stop greying of hair. This is usually done with castor oil.